Thursday 20 September 2012

GIVE THE PEOPLE WHAT THEY WANT! – IYANYA INTERVIEW





His songs are played on every radio frequency. His videos are on every TV station. Heck, he probably performs at every show. He’s the man with the monster hit “Kukere” and the party banger “Your waist“. He’s one of the hottest artistes right now.

He’s also the winner of the 2008 MTN Project Fame and the guy who spent 4 years after that pursuing a career as an R&B singer.

But what do you do when you’ve spent 4 years of your life trying to get people to listen, and all they want to do is dance?  What do you do when you’re tired of trying and seemingly on your way to being forgotten?

You “Give the people what they want,” he says.

Miabaga.com had this very honest interview with him. Turns out he needed to talk.




Another time, another place, who would you be?

 Some weeks before Project Fame I was to go to the UK for an engineering course. And then Project Fame just came. I remember my uncles were like, “Guy, you’re already going to the UK!” And I was like, “No let me just try this thing, I feel that it will work.” And I just did it. So if I were not a musician I would probably be in one of these oil companies. Because me, I love money die. There’s no how I wouldn’t have found myself in one of these companies. *laughs* Read More

No comments:

Post a Comment